The Members of the Multi Academy Company (MAC) are Trustees of the Archdiocese of Birmingham who created the MAC and defined its role to further the Catholic Education mission of the Diocese as objects in the Memorandum and Articles of Association document.
- Responsible for the governance of the MAC
- Accountable to the Archbishop
- Responsible for holding the MAC Directors to account
- Responsible for appointing the MAC’s auditors and receive the MAC’s audited accounts
- Responsible for appointing MAC Directors and, if necessary, removing a MAC Director
As of 21/01/2022, the Members are:
- Fr Jonathan Veasey – Chair of the Diocesan Academy Strategy Board and lead trustee for Catholic education
- Mr Eric Kirwan – Chief Operating Officer for the Archdiocese of Birmingham
- Jacqui Francis
- Peter Vella
- Christopher Loughran
Mr Adam Hardy resigned as a Member 6th January 2022.
His Grace, the Archbishop of Birmingham, whilst not a Member is formally registered as a “Person of Significant Control” at a higher level than the Members.