St. Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Thame
Please click the link below to see our current vacancies
School Business Manager
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: 35hours/week (term-time plus two weeks)
ontract term: Permanent
Location: Thame, Oxfordshire
Salary: Grade 10 (Scale Point 27-30)
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School has a vacancy for a School Business Manager.
As the school’s leading support staff member, you will work with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the effective and efficient fulfilment of our educational aims, making the most efficient use of resources to support our learning objectives.
If you have experience of working in a school or academy, or in a similar setting and are an effective and
experienced manager, we would encourage you to apply for this post.
Duties will include:
- Line management of the school office and other non-academic support staff
- Budget management, providing advice and guidance on financial matters to the Principal and Academy Committee
- Organisational tasks, and support to the Headteacher and Governing Body, on all areas of school -
- Implementation of Health and Safety throughout the school
- Administration of the school’s personnel functions, in conjunction with our payroll providers and Central Team HR Manager
- Premises management - both ongoing maintenance and management of building projects
- Producing reports, analysing and responding to complex correspondence
- Administrative and clerical support as required
This post is offered at Grade 10. The Job Description and Person Specification give an indication of the level of experience and skills required. Further training opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
St Joseph’s is an academy within the Pope Francis Multi Academy Company, a group of Catholic schools in and around Oxford. This partnership provides excellent opportunities for collaboration, co-operation and the sharing of good practice between our schools.
Informal pre-application visits are most welcome, as are applications from Catholics and non-Catholics.
Please contact the school office if you would like more details.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date for Applications: Friday 16th September 2022
Start date: January 2023 or sooner if possible
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent Location: Thame, Oxfordshire
Salary: Leadership Scale L3 – L8
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a single form entry school situated in the market town of Thame. We are a close knit family community where every child is known and loved, nurtured and challenged to be their best. St. Joseph’s is part of The Pope Francis Catholic MAC which is a successful and growing Catholic Multi Academy Company situated in Oxfordshire.
Reporting to the Headteacher, the Board of Directors, in collaboration with the Archdiocese of Birmingham, seek to appoint a practising and committed Catholic Deputy Headteacher.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with the Headteacher in leading and inspiring the whole school community on its journey towards excellence - providing the highest standard of education for our children and ensuring that our school is the very best that it can be. Having high expectations and aspirations for all pupils, along with a commitment to inclusive learning and reducing barriers are essential for this role. This role will have a class teaching commitment two days per week.
St. Joseph’s is blessed with a beautiful school site with ample outdoor space, where there is potential for the further development of outdoor learning. Our school building has bright, spacious classrooms and part of the site is shared with our parish church.
As a MAC we believe fundamentally in the education of the whole child, each of whom is unique and made in the image and likeness of God. We are committed to working together as one family across all our schools and we recognise the importance that strong leadership plays in achieving this. Our approach to continual professional development and collaboration between the leaders in all our schools reflects this vision.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic
- Be able to deepen and strengthen the ethos and mission of Catholic education
- Have a clear understanding of how to develop, improve and enrich opportunities for all pupils
- Have experience of leading a key stage and / or a whole school initiative
- Be a caring and inspiring leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills We will offer:
- A community with a strong Catholic ethos where everyone is valued and cared for
- A team committed to securing the best for all our pupils and staff
- A supportive Governing Body with a wide skill set and a strong commitment to continual improvement Pupils who want to learn and to succeed
- Strong supportive links with the parish and other schools in the area and beyond
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please contact the Headteacher Rosaleen Gowers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01844 214278.
To apply, please complete the CES application form and all other supplementary forms included in the application pack on our school website https://www.st-josephs.oxon.sch.uk/vacancies In completing the CES application form, you will need to include a supporting statement detailing your relevant experience, skills and competencies.
Closing date: Midday on 16 September 2022